Your Customers Make Decisions Before the Ink is Even Dry.
Hi, I’m Christine Laureano, Digital Marketing Strategist and Conversion Copywriter. I always knew I was meant for marketing and writing content and copy. I was jealous of people who wrote epic novels…I just didn’t have that special oomph of long storytelling they had. But I did discover that I had that special somethin somethin when it came to marketing ideas.
I grew up loving lines from…commercials.
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? He won’t eat it, he hates everything. Hey Mikey, he likes it! And of course…plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is!
So over 25 years ago I put that quirkiness to good use working with businesses to create marketing messages that connect with customers…and hopefully gives them chills.
That’s the short answer to my marketing journey.
The full story is…
Tongue-tied and unsure about your messaging can make you feel like a marketing misfit.
Slick and savvy isn’t the best way either. People want to know that you hear them and that you know what they want. They don’t want sleazy pitches or pointless content.
When people need a change they’re looking for answers. They are looking for someone to help them.
You may have been taught a system or formula to magically convert every person in the world into your raving fans and customers. As great as that would be, marketing doesn’t work that way. It’s not a one-size-fits all activity.
Earning valuable and loyal customers is all about them! (Did you think I was going to say it’s about YOU?)
My mission is to help you “speak” the language of your ideal client and create marketing copy that will help you engage fully (using empathy) with your audience.
To better understand what goes into developing and growing an product brand, in 2001 I started my own line of natural skin care products.
Why on earth did I do that?
I wanted to walk in those shoes. I wanted to start a product brand from nothing, and grow it into a thriving business, so I could teach other creative entrepreneurs the ins and outs of marketing and developing a digital strategy that converted prospects into loyal customers.
Not only am I an entrepreneur, I’m one that LOVES marketing! I want to help you make money with words.
Why is my love of marketing helpful to you?
What does my love of marketing and over 2 decades as a business owner mean to you? I have a knack for clarity. More specifically, this knack means I can teach you how to dive deep into who your ideal customer so that you translate that clarity into content that speaks directly to what she wants.
Why is speaking your customer’s language so important?
Think of it this way. If your customer loves morning yoga and an herbal tea before going to work, are you going to talk to her about a hot cup-o-joe and how a gym membership at the local lunk-club is just what she needs to get pumped in the morning before work?
She’ll not only “unsubscribe” from your list, she’ll avoid any and all communication with you, and anything you have to offer. No Sale – ever!
I know it seems like marketing is hard and that it’s best left for someone else to do. I’ll guide you to a new way of thinking so that you’ll love (or at least like) marketing too! You’ll:
- Get to the bottom of your marketing anxiety so that you can find the right words that earn loyal customers.
- Understand that real and genuine is the way to be when you connect with your customers.
- Keep them coming back for more by offering valuable content that solves their toughest issues.
- Learn the ways to stay in touch with your most valuable assets (your customers) online through email marketing, autoresponders and content marketing.
My weekly tips, articles and strategies will start you on your way to finding your marketing voice and writing content that will earn you loyal customers.
Sign up on the form here and I’ll also send you The Creative Entrepreneur’s Content Strategy Checklist.
In case you want to know a little bit more about my experiences, and how I left corporate to nurture my quirky entrepreneurial talents.
- Earned a BS degree in marketing and computer science (yep, geeky too) from the State University Of New York at Geneseo
- My corporate experiences were with Xerox, Hamilton Avnet (An Avnet Co) and a couple smaller electronics manufacturers.
- The brands I have created: Hampton Baby (a line of soft, handmade baby clothes), Bliss Chocolate (Artisan crafted chocolates), Christine Laureano Coaching (small business strategy & life coaching) Ba6 Botanicals (Handcrafted small-batch manufacturer of All-Natural Skin & Body Care products)
- As as a freelance copywriter and marketing consultant over the past 25 years, I have written and produced personal development programs, written copy and content for NEC, ADT, UNICOM Global, Image Graphics, Cameron Advertising, Silverite Construction Company, and have created the marketing materials, catalogs and content for my personal brands.
- Certified Content Marketer through Copyblogger
- Certified Professional Coach – CoachU
- Professional Chocolatier – Ecole Chocolate
- Head Coach at Indie Business Network (currently)